5 prepared/tabletop/ebow electric guitars
Electric guitar (standard playing)
The Burning is a 45 minute piece specifically writen for Ensemble Klang. The piece moves the musicians between the guitars setup and their own instruments, leaving them to explore directly the sound environment created by the preparation and also to interact with it separately as an ensemble.
Symbolism of the burning is multiple but singular, it is both destructive and transformative, it is both a metaphor for continuation and an ending.
It is the echo of (the burning) past and burning of the past.
- Pre-premiere on 5th October, 2019 at Orgelpark in Amsterdam
- Premiere on 9th November, 2019 at LeGuessWho? festival in Utrecht
- 20th December, 2019 at Musical Utopias in Den Haag
- 10th September, 2022 at Gaudeamus Muziekweek in Utrecht
- 31th March, 2023 at Korzo Theater in Den Haag